Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Cyber Security

I try to be very safe on the internet because one time I had viruses so bad on my computer I had to trash it and get a new one. Ever since then I realized how common viruses are and began being much safer online. I have about 4 different passwords I use for all my accounts but make sure to save the most complex ones for things such as my email address. I also bought a virus scanner and run it at least once a week but usually more then that. FYI be careful downloading free virus scanners sometimes those are viruses themselves! Sometimes I feel like I am to careful when it comes to cyber security as I refuse to update certain applications on my computer that I do not use often just because in the back of my head that "update" could be a virus. I know that this is most likely me just being paranoid but if I rarely use the application anyways it makes me feel safer. The TED talk today made interested me a lot especially when the speaker brought up the dark web and said you could buy viruses to help you hack into someone else's computer. I mean just think about it, you are downloading something from a person who literally creates viruses for a living!

No comments:

Post a Comment